Easily influenced...

I'm so easily influenced when it comes to reading reviews about music, books, movies, and especially tv shows. I get so excited when a new show airs...I watch the pilot episode with such hope that it will be good. Then while watching the next episode I start to think this might be "my new show"...the one that I'll watch religiously every week to the point where I have to make plans around it because we don't have DVR (Dan, let's think about getting that). Then one day I see an article about "my new show" and begin to read thinking they might give a juicy spoiler but it turns out to be a review of the show. They say things like "The show doesn't seem fully committed to being a drama or a comedy." or "It could still use a lot of work."

Why do they have to ruin it for me!