Most evenings are a bit rough with the little one. There was about 2 weeks where between the hours of 7 to 9pm she would be so fussy and nothing would calm her down (except for swinging her full force in her car seat that weighs about 20lbs). Then we found out that there is apparently a phase with newborns called the "witching hour" where they are very fussy because they are overly tired in the evenings (which amazes me because they still sleep all day). Gradually things have gotten better...each night she seems to be less and less fussy during these hours.
Last night was probably one of our best nights yet...she was playing when Dan got home then he gave her a bath and after the bath she was so relaxed just hanging out with her dad while I ate dinner (we still eat in shifts but hopefully that will change soon). Then I fed her and we put her down for bed at 7:45pm and she feel right to sleep! This was the first night, in what feels like forever, that we were able to watch an episode of The Office and of course it was a repeat...ha! But I was able to drink a cup of hot chocolate while watching Grey's...without any interruption!
She sleeps like a champ, averaging about 6 to 7 straight hours of sleep a night! I know I know, we are very lucky!