Ahhhh, Saturday morning. I wake up just as the sun is peeking through my blinds. Put on a pot of coffee, I sit down to read a book in my sunny living room. I start to get hungry and decide I'm going to bake some muffins. I go into the pantry to get the all the ingredients together when i notice a weird smell, i begin looking around like it's nothing... I move boxes around, pick up things that might be bad. Just as i move a box that is on the floor of the pantry, there it is....A DEAD MOUSE!
I scream bloody murder sending Dexter running into the living room in front of me. I begin crying hysterically, just cringing and jumping. Next I call Dan, who is on his way up the mountain in CO for his second day of skiing. I can barely get the words out as I'm crying. He suggested that i go and get the neighbor to come over and help me (the same neighbor that mistaken me for Dan a few mornings ago). Next I call my mom because she can always calm me down but not this time...i was totally freaked out! I couldn't believe there was a disgusting gray mouse DEAD in my pantry, you know where all of our food is...yuck!
After an hour of crying and I come up with a plan of what i was going to do. I was just going to lay the garbage can on the floor in front of it and sweep it in there. Simple enough right...NO! I stand up on top of a chair with a broom and a mop in each hand, shaking and crying. Then I go for it, I sweep it into the garbage can and the sticky part of the trap that has the mouse stuck to it is now stuck to the top of the garbage bag and won't go in, I freak out trying to shove it in when it becomes unstuck and flies off the bag into the air onto the kitchen floor. That's when the adenine kicks in and i just sweep it back into the garbage and tie it up and run outside and throw it into the garbage can. As I'm walking back into the house i notice that I'm all sweaty and breathing heavily like i just ran a mile.
So much for my relaxing Saturday as I am off to buy rubber gloves, a mop and more mouse traps!